Day four and I'm trying out some different shots

I’ve been getting a little bit bored with taking my photo in front of a plain white wall so today I took the tripod around the house and tried out a few different locations.  I really want to start taking some more interesting shots, to think about the composition and the lighting and not just whether I should smile, look away or look at the camera.  I think I've got some learning to do.
How do you take your photos?  I don’t have anyone around in the day who can take my photo so I use Al’s grandpa’s old tripod and put my camera on timer.   I’ll set up the shot, press the button and then run in front of the lens and pose in one awkward way or another.  I’ll do this about ten times in the hope that there’ll be one decent shot, any longer and I just feel silly.  There must be a better way!  

I’ve heard that it’s possible to get a wireless remote to take pictures with, so I may have to invest in one of these if they’re not too expensive.  

Anyway,  my outfit.  Well, my morning was spent at Cribbs Causeway sourcing the last few bits and pieces for my next column in Folio.  It was a real test of my will power, the shops are starting to fill up with spring stock and it’s such a welcome relief from all the winter stock that’s STILL hanging around.

I’m wearing my old faithful black jeans (didn’t my last challenge teach me anything!?), a star blouse from Zara, vintage belt, cardigan from Mango and boots from Office.
My name necklace is from Tatty Divine and the skull necklace is from Tina Lilienthal. I'm a huge fan of her jewellery...check it out here