Colour and print.

Days in the office are the perfect excuse to experiment with my outfits a little, but I’ve got to be careful as I can get a bit carried away and I’ve got loads to do today.  I bought this vintage dress about a year ago in York, when Al and I visited for a weekend.  If you’ve never been, it’s well worth a visit it’s crammed full with quirky shops and vintage boutiques. You'll probably notice that this dress is a little different for me as it’s quite a bright colour and is patterned, two things that I don’t wear a lot.   I’d normally team this dress with some leopard print loafers...I love the way they clash, but today that’s not allowed so it’s black flats instead.  I felt a little girly in it so added a studded waist belt to give the look some edge.


I managed to convince Hendrix to be in the shots with me again, I love him being in them with me, I think it makes the photos far more interesting than them just being of me.

Dress is vintage, belt is from Hennes kids department and the shoes are from KG
 Despite the loud print and colour, this is actually quite   a versatile dress, it looks great in the day with flats, but I can also swap my flats for some statement shoes and it’s great for something more dressy.  My favourite discovery though, is that I can wear a skirt over the top of it…

This skirt is from Joy