I’m a textile designer at heart so I have a bit of a soft spot for prints and am delighted to see them making such an impact this season. They’re bold, and I mean BOLD! From tropical to geometric to paisley and floral (giant, tiny and painterly) you won’t be able to get away from them, but why would you?!
Images thanks to www.style.com
Here are some of my favourite print pieces so far…
I love to mix my prints up, stripes and floral prints work brilliantly together, but I also like to throw leopard print into the mix too. It's a great way to pull together your own take on the trend. You need to be confident with your choices, sometimes it’s the prints that clash that make the best combination so wear them like they were meant to be together to avoid looking like you got dressed in the dark.
- If one colour features in both prints, this will help tie them together.
- It helps if one of the prints is bolder than the other, otherwise they will compete for attention, and it’s unlikely to work.
- Adding a belt in a colour that is featured in both prints is a great way to ensure they tie together perfectly.
- Try mixing different textures together; I like to mix silk and knitwear together for a different look.
- Make sure you don’t get lost in the print, if it’s too bold for you, they’ll wear you rather than the other way round.
Whether you like to mix it up or prefer to keep things simple, the choice is huge out there. I’m convinced there’s a print for everyone.
This entry was posted on at 6:07 AM and is filed under Burberry, Celine, dorothy perkins, Mary Katrantzou, Miss Selfridge, Oasis, print, shopping and style advice, spring/summer 2012, trends, Zara. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can