Day five...

Yes I know, my seven day challenge officially ended yesterday and I’ve only posted four days’ worth of outfits.

It’s not that I’ve not documented my outfits, I have! I’ve just been ploughing on with my work, trying to get everything finished before I go away for Christmas so haven’t had a chance to post the outfits. I know I could have just uploaded the photo and have been done with it, but I’d rather talk you through my outfit and why I pulled it together.

So here’s my outfit on day five of the challenge. You’ll probably recognise this dress; it’s the one I wore to the My Street Chic fashion bloggers party. I loved wearing it, and had bought it with the intention of wearing it during the day as well as for evening so wore it again on Saturday.  This was a day of last minute Christmas shopping, followed by food out so I wanted to make a bit of an effort, but still be comfortable and warm. To make the dress more casual, I wore it with my black biker boots and threw a chunky cardigan on top. As a pear shape, I often struggle in winter to find knitwear that flatters me – most knitwear is quite loose and long, so I find it cuts me across my hips – highlighting the widest part of me. This cardigan however is perfect; it’s cropped so highlights my waste. I’ve had it for years and have found it so useful for throwing over pretty much any outfit.

Dress - Zara
Boots - KG
Cardigan - Topshop

Just wanted to show the dipped hem.
After we'd finished our shopping we headed to the Holburne Museum, to see the field of light installation by Bruce Munro . Has anyone else been to this? I was blown away by how beautiful the lights are…