Go wild for print

Oh Leopard print, leopard print how I do love thee! Yes, my favourite kind of print is indeed the animal kind, but I know I’ve got my work cut out if I’m to persuade the rest of you to give it a go.
Despite what you might think, animal prints are actually quite versatile.  A pair of leopard print shoes can add some edge to a girly floral dress and a snakeskin bag will bring your LBD stampeding into this season.  But if you’re going to make this trend work for you, then you’ll need to consider your own style.  If you’re a classically chic dresser, then a simple belt will be the perfect way to introduce the print to your outfits.  If you prefer a quirkier style, then mix things up a little, why not clash animal with stripes?

I want to show you two very different ways of wearing animal print while at the same time  push myself out of the orange-brown-leopard-print-rut that I’ve got myself into (I’m always pushing clients outside their comfort zone, so I guess it’s only fair that I do the same to myself). This dress by Biba does just that.  While it’s very much covered in animal print, the colour and style is a little less obvious and dare I say it, sophisticated.

Dress – Biba available at House of Fraser
Shoe boots – Hobbs
Earrings – Vintage
I know this whimsical jumper from Topshop isn’t technically animal print, but it is a print of an animal so I think it I can get away with it.  It’s a refreshing take on the trend but has it got you reaching for the rail?
Jumper – Topshop
Jeans – Topshop
Shoes – Converse from Office
Pick up a copy of the November addition of Folio magazine to see this in print.