Think I'll Stay Inside Today

I went on a photography course, not long after we arrived here.  I knew I’d be snap happy over here so I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to use my camera properly.  It has so many functions, but up until now I’d just kept it on automatic.

The weather has been so windy lately, it’s supposed to be the monsoon season, but here in Bangalore we’ve not really seen much rain.   Instead, we have cloudy days and powerful winds.  I wanted to see if I could capture the trees blowing in the wind outside our apartment and this is the best I could do.  I don’t think they really illustrate just how windy it is, but they’re not bad for first attempt.


I love days like this, they’re the perfect excuse to stay inside, wrap up in my cape and drink endless cups of tea.  This wrap has been a staple over the last year or so and can be worn a ton of different ways.  It’s quite a bold print, and not easy to match up but I quite like wearing it with outfits that don’t match. 




I seem to have a fascination with fringing at the moment, that and anything with studs on it. I’ve been listening to Fleetwood Mac and Jimi Hendrix a lot recently…maybe that has something to do with it.   Does your style change according to the music your listening, too?