Three Ways To Wear A Maxi Skirt

We all have preconceived ideas about brands, like who they are aimed at, what type of clothing they sell, what age they are for, etc… We’re all guilty of making these judgments and they can stop us developing our style and venturing outside of what is comfortable.    I’m always introducing clients to shops they wouldn’t normally dream of going into and they’re always pleasantly surprised.  Not only does it open their eyes to SO much more choice, but it also enables me to pull together a varied and hard working collection of clothes, that truly works for them.

I like to think that I’m more open minded than most and enjoy having a real mix of brands in my wardrobe, but there are a few stores I rarely visit and think won’t work for me…one of these is Fat Face.  I find their sizing a little random and rarely find anything I like in there, but a couple of months ago I was in John Lewis searching for clothes to bring to India and a spot maxi skirt caught my eye.  That's right, it was by Fat Face. So I took a little of my own advice, popped into the fitting room to try it on and ended up buying it.

I just love maxi skirts, especially when it’s hot; they’re so comfortable and cool and they look great, day or night. While I love wearing them, I’ve witnessed clients pulling them out of the wardrobe declaring they don’t know what to put with them or how to wear them, so I thought I’d illustrate just how versatile they are by pulling together three different looks, with one skirt.  

The first is perfect for a summer night out. It’s dressy yet relaxed, just right for a beautiful balmy evening.   The second look was inspired by the talented www.apair-andaspare.blogspot.co.uk I think it might actually be my favourite look, it’s so simple!  The last look has been my outfit of choice a lot recently, it’s so comfortable and I love mixing the spot print with a floral one.

Untitled

1. Skirt from Fat Face.  Lace top from Topshop.  Leopard print belt from Oasis.  Shoes from Russell and Bromley. Necklaces from Warehouse and Bristol flea market.  Ring from House of Harlow. Bag from Yellow Button (Indiranagar, Bangalore)
2. Earrings House of Harlow. Belt from Topshop. Sandals from Office. Bangles from Blue Banana and Jane Kenney.
3. Top from TKMaxx. Belt from H&M. Flip flops from Gap. Necklaces from Accessorize and Asos. Bangles from India. 

Details

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

What do you think to maxi skirts? Do you have one?  I’d love to hear your favourite way to wear it, or even better if you’ve posted about this, pop the link below…I’m always on the lookout for outfit inspiration!