Bangalore!

Wow, two whole weeks have passed since my last post!  I said I might struggle to write anything for a while, but I hadn’t expected it would take me this long to get back to my blog.  After a long journey, that took even longer than that thanks to a missed flight (thanks Air France, for taking off early and leaving 15 passengers behind at Paris airport!!!!) and a 24 hour wait for the next available flight.  We arrived at Bangalore airport at midnight, to 30 degrees heat (yes...that hot at that time of night) and thankfully, all seven suitcases.

We’ve been here for a couple of days now, and I’d like to say that I’ve been exploring and meeting people, but to be honest the first day was spent catching up on some much needed sleep.  And the second, some more sleep followed by a walk to Al’s office to see how easy and far it would be for him to walk there on his first day.  Turns out it’s only about 10 minutes away which is ace.

We’re staying at a hotel for a couple of weeks until we find an apartment to live in, the hotel is great – it’s clean, modern, has a roof terrace and gym, and serves great food but it’s not the same as having your own space.  So my first mission is to find an apartment. My second is to find a good stationers where I can buy a big book of blank paper (I hate ruled paper) so I can start to plan my blog for the next month.   But for now, I have a ton of emails that have been sitting in my inbox for way too long to reply to. 

Here are some photos from life in Bangalore so far…