Three Ways To Wear A Printed Jacket

My last post was all about print so I thought that for my next ‘Three Wasy To Wear’ post, I’d carry on from this and pick something in a bold print.

This jacket is from Zara…I have a kind of love hate relationship with it.  The colours are so good and the print is stunning but on the hanger, it doesn’t look great.  I spotted this blazer on the website a few weeks ago and couldn’t decide what I thought of it, so when I spotted it on a shopping trip with a client, I vowed to go back and try it on when I’d finished.  It came home with me.  I have to admit, I’m still not too sure whether to keep it or not, I do think my wardrobe could do with an injection of colour and print and I can make a whole heap of outfits with it; however it really is VERY bold!

First outfit: Jacket from Zara, stripe t-shirt from Whistles, necklace from Urban Outfitters, vintage bangles, jeans from Mimi Noor, shoes from Ash.
Second outfit: Earrings from House of Harlow, dress from Tophop, belt from Topshop, boots from Zara.
Third outfit: T-shirt form Evil Twin, necklace, as before, Jeans from Donna Ida, Boots from Zara.

First, I wanted to illustrate that a jacket like this can easily be worn in the day, quite casually. I’ve teamed it with a stripe t-shirt, something that’s great to have in the wardrobe.  If you’re someone who lives in white t-shirts in the summer then a striped version will just add a little more interest under jackets and knitwear. 

Next, I wanted to pull together a more summery outfit.  I can’t wait to wear this when it warms up a little more (and after some serious fake tan application too), it’s so comfortable and so me.  My leather jacket would be my usual go to jacket; however the colour of this probably does far more for me and gives the outfit a slightly different look, more boho than rock chick.

The last outfit is a little print mixing, you all know how much I like to mix my prints so you must have been expecting to see something like this one.  I think the floral jacket sits well over the skull design t-shirt, while the black skinny jeans tie the outfit together.  Sure, a cardigan would work well here too, but I tend to prefer jackets for layering as they will often enhance curves more…sometimes a long, loose, cardigan can swamp the frame.

So what do you think?  Will you be running to the shops to find a printed jacket, or sticking to block colours?