Three ways to wear a cream lace dress

This post was scheduled to be up last week, but Alex and I spent the week driving around the UK saying our goodbyes to friends and family so I didn’t want to spend time blogging on my own when I could be seeing people instead.

This is the last post that will include Hendrix as we dropped him off at his new home by the sea before coming back to Bath.  It’s strange getting up and not being greated by him first thing in the morning and not having him snuggling under my desk.   Hendrix on the other hand, probably isn’t bothered in the slightest…


So, here is my last three ways to wear featuring Hendrix. 
Dress from Zara (of course!)
1. Leather jacket from Topshop (years old), belt from Topshop, necklace from Tina Lillenthal, Ballet pups from Dune.
2. Cropped denim waistcoat from Topshop, Scarf from Miss Selfridge, Belt vintage, boots from Zara.
3. Scarf from TKMaxx, belt from French Connection, bangles a mix of vintage and Indian, boots from Zara.









I know I wax lyrical about how awesome lace is but I can’t stop myself!  It’s one of my favourite fabrics, is great for day or night and mixes so well with the other trends of the season. 

This is the dress that features in my next column for Folio magazine.  I normally buy the items I feature and take them back to the store when I’m finished, but this time I couldn’t part with it.   The shape works well on my pear shape and I love mixing cream lace with leather and studs - Courtney Love style. 

I love the shape of the dress, so I decided to keep it simple and use accessories to alter the look, but if you wanted to try something different you could swap the matching slip for another colour or layer a t-shirt over the top and tie it in a knot to pull it in at the waist.  It’s amazing how many looks you can get from one dress!

How would you wear it? Do you have a favourite dress that can be worn countless ways?