Three Ways To Wear a Simple Black Lace Dress

Lace dress from Oasis.
I meant to post this last week, but I was in India for the week and didn’t manage to get round to posting it…I’m not sure that the Wi-Fi in the hotel would have coped any way.  I'll tell you about India in another post, there’s lots to share with you so watch this space…

I love wearing dresses, don’t you?  They’re so comfortable and super easy to wear.  You don’t have to think about what to put with what, you just put the dress on and you’re ready to go.  This black dress is something I bought at the beginning of last season and I’ve worn it loads.  It’s a great one for dressing up and down – I’d definitely call it one of my wardrobe staples.

When I was pulling together the looks I was amazed at how many combinations I could pull together, I may have to do another post using this dress another time.  

Outfit 1.  Zara shirt, Vintage bangles, KG pumps, Zara studded bag
Outfit 2. Zara jacket, vintage belt, Angel Jackson bag, Miss Selfridge scarf (I WISH it was a MQ), Dune pumps, Vintage necklace.
Outfit 3. Monsoon fusion top, Topshop belt, Mulberry bag, KG heel, Accessorize ring.

For the first outfit, I’ve teamed the dress with a leopard print shirt.  I’d love to wear it tied like this over a pair of jeans but I don’t think I’ve got the guts to do that.  Tying it over this dress is far more wearable and makes the dress look more casual. 

My second outfit is definitely one to save for when the weather warms up (and for tanned legs!!) but it would work well with black tights if I wanted to wear it now. ..or maybe some floral tights!  Think I may have to get some.  I tend to wear pumps or flat shoes when I’m wearing dresses, I spend most of my time running around the shops for clients so heels just aren’t practical and I sometimes feel too smart if I wear heels for everyday, although I love the look on others.  I always wear scarves so you’ll often see them tied to my bag in case of emergency.

This third outfit is a smarter look (hence the heels).  I’ve added a lace top under the dress…I love the two laces together and have tied a tan belt round my waist to break up the sea of black. 

What do you think?  Would you like to see more outfits with this dress?