Happy New Year!!

It’s been weeks since my last post…Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and celebrated New Year in style?

I had a lovely time, my hubbie and I spent a couple of weeks traveling around the UK (Willerby, Hull, Hornsea, Newcastle, Harrogate, Buxton and Bath) visiting family which was great, but we’re both exhausted now!  Ooh, and my sister and her boyfriend got engaged!!!

Al, Hendrix and me with Al's parents in Hornsea.

My Grandma in Newcastle LOVES playing scrabble.  She lives on her own up there so everytime we visit, we play endless games of it. 
It's taken very seriously! 

Buxton with my sister and her boyfriend

The Happy couple!!
 I’ve got a couple of posts to upload over the next couple of days but before I do, I felt it right to start off the New Year with this one.  I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s New Year resolution posts; there are some really inspiring ones, they put mine to shame but every year I give myself a long list of resolutions, and every year I either loose the list, or my enthusiasm fades.  Terrible, I know!  This year, I thought that instead of giving myself a list of unachievable resolutions, I’d give myself just one, so I can really focus on it and try and succeed.  This year I’m going to be more organised – not very original I know, but something I need to work on in my personal life and with my business. 

My business has really taken off over the last year or so and I’m so proud of what I’ve achieved, but there are some instance when I know that I could have made my life a little easier if only I’d just been more organised.  My blog is very much a part of my business.  I started Hip Shapes And Bristol Fashion over three years ago (I can’t believe it’s been running for that long!) initially to promote my business and help build awareness of me and my business locally, but over the years I’ve started to see my blog as more than this.   I really love blogging and enjoy being a part of the blogging community – going to the My Street Chic bloggers party was great.   I’m starting to get comments on my posts now (thank you!), am always looking at ways to improve my blog, and am starting to find it easier to come up with ideas for new content, but I think I need to start taking it a little more seriously, be more organised and put some proper structure in place.
It's a runing joke in the family that I always loose things or forget things, so you see, being more organised is going to be quite a task.  It will need to encompass every aspect of my life.   So wish me luck and if you’ve got any advice, PLEASE tell me!