Was my seven day challenge worth it?


Leopard cardigan - Oasis
Scarf - H and M
Hat - Gap
Jeans - Donna Ida
Boots - Duo

Despite my constant moaning about not being able to wear my jeans, I’ve actually enjoyed this challenge. It’s been great to be forced to look at my clothes in a new light. As a personal stylist I spend a lot of time going through other peoples wardrobes. I remove the items that don’t work, discuss what shapes and styles of clothing work for them and their shape and then mix and match a selection of outfits using only their current items, to create a collection of outfits that they didn’t realise were in there. I’m constantly telling people that they don’t need lots of clothes to look good, they just need the key pieces and to understand how to mix and match effectively.
I love that I can show people how to wear more of their wardrobe and how to pull together some quite different looks without buying any new clothes, but I don’t ever put the time aside to do go through my own wardrobe.

This may surprise you, but I don’t have a lot of clothes…I practice what I preach, and this challenge has only reinforced my opinion that you don’t need wardrobes bursting at the seams to create lots of different looks. I know that this was only a seven day challenge but I’ve discovered lots of new outfits, and have really enjoyed playing around with my clothes and it’s made me realise that I need to put some more time aside to re-asses my own wardrobe.

Today I wore my jeans, because I could. It feels good to be able to wear them again but I will admit that when it came to deciding what to wear with them, I found I was faced with much more choice than I’d had over the last week. This explains why I ended up wearing the same cardigan from the last post.

I’m going to miss doing my challenge so I think I may have to set myself another in the New Year…any suggestions?

This is probably going to be my last post before Christmas so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Love Niki x