Day Four & The My Street Chic Bloggers Xmas Party

I’m starting to realise that the challenge here isn’t so much not being able to wear my jeans, but more trying to blog every day...it's Sunday now and I've got Friday, Saturday and today's outfits still to post.   I’m also finding photographing my outfits everyday difficult, I’m enjoying documenting my outfits, and it’s great to have a record of them for future reference (it's something I do for my clients so it’s great to know it works) but, I’m not a natural in front of the camera, I’m not comfortable there. I don’t know whether to smile, look away, look down…I don’t know how to stand or what to with my arms. So please ignore my awkward looking poses and look at the outfits instead!

Anyway, that’s definitely enough rambling!  This is my Friday outfit and day four of my challenge.  The morning was taken up with personal shopping trip so I needed to pull together an outfit that was polished and comfortable, yet still ‘me’.  It’s also unbelievably hot in the shops at the moment so I try not to wear too many layers as I only end up carrying them.  It's great being forced to look at my wardrobe in a new light, I’m pulling together outfits that I may not have seen had I not done this, but it’s taking me longer to get ready in the morning.   

Blouse - Oasis
Skirt - Warehouse
Bag - Jaeger
Shoes - Oasis
I bought this skirt last year and its great perfect for work; it’s comfortable and goes with loads of different tops.  I like it with this blouse for work, but I can dress it down with knitwear if I want to.  This blouse was one of my best purchases this summer, I didn’t buy many items last season but this has definitely been my most worn item.

Friday evening was the bloggers Chrismas party at Java arranged by the brillint My Street Chic.  I was so nervous about going as I’ve never been to one before and didn’t know what to expect.  And while I love blogging and am trying to put aside more time to do it, I do feel like I’m only playing at it.  But I shouldn’t have worried.  I went with Chrissy from Just So Fashion and had such a great time.  Gina and the team put together an awesome night.  It was really lovely to meet the people behind the blogs I read and so inspiring to see everyone’s different outfits - a refreshing change from the usual party uniform that I see at the Christmas party.

Dress - Zara
Jacket - Topshop
Belt - Second hand
Shoes - Finsk for Faith
Necklace - Asos
 It took me a while to work out what to wear, but I eventually settled on this dress.  I LOVE the dipped hem trend and it’s here to stay so I know I'm going to wear this to death.  I‘m not a very girly girl so to make this work for my style, I teamed it with my leather jacket, studded belt and skull necklace, all of which I've had for years and years!