Jumpsuits

I’ve always given jumpsuits a wide birth. It’s not that I’ve never liked them, truth be told, I’ve always secretly fancied wearing one. They look so effortless and carefree. The reason I’ve stayed away from jumpsuits is because I thought they’d do absolutely nothing for my pear shape and whilst I like the look on others, I wasn’t sure I could pull it off.

So When Rachel Nott the editor of Folio magazine asked to write about how to work a jumpsuit, the challenge was set. I thought I’d never find one to flatter me, so I spent an afternoon hunting down the perfect all-in-one. The choice is immense and you’ll be relieved to hear they’re a far cry from the original eighties styles. Think fifties glamour and seventies boho instead. Eventually I found this simple, wide leg style that skims my hips and highlights my waist (something all pear shapes MUST do). My voyage into the world of jumpsuits had begun.

In one afternoon, I’d gone from avoiding jumpsuits, to wanting another. Are you persuaded yet? Go on, trust me, there’s a style out there for everyone. Team with gladiator flats and a scarf for day. Or dress up with chunky heels and statement earrings for an alternative to your LBD. Give them a chance, you never know, it might just become one of your summer staples, it has mine!

This is how I've worn mine...

Jumpsuit and hoop earrings from French Connection
Leopard print belt from Oasis
Wooden shoes from Russell and Bromley



Sandals from Gap
Scarf from H&M
Sunglasses from Sunglasses Hut.

Look out for my feature in this months Folio Magazine