Beautiful illustrations

About a month ago I promised to write a post about local illustrator Naomi Hocking.  I’ve been so busy the last few weeks shopping the new collections with clients that I’ve been bit rubbish at updating my blog.  Today is the first day I’ve had in a while to tend to my blog and sort out general business stuff (newsletter – done, accounts – done!) So here you are, a little later than promised but worth the wait I hope.

I’ve known Naomi for about five years now, we both worked for John Lewis and have a love of mountain biking (although, strictly I can’t say that anymore as my poor bike has been rather neglected of late).  I’ve always loved Nay’s illustrations, so when it came to choosing an illustrator for my new website who better to ask?!
Thanks to Naomi, my new site is now brimming with beautiful illustrations.  I gave her a vague brief and she ran with it, I’m over the moon with what she’s done, for those of you who’ve not seen the site yet here are a few of my favourites.
Naomi studied illustration at Loughborough University, and then worked for various card companies before working for John Lewis.
“I paint and draw because I love it. I find the various forms of architecture around the world fascinating and I also enjoy the intense colours and textures of foods. Although I use the computer for my more intricate work, I like to do larger works on canvas as they allow more freedom of movement and a looser style.”

She already has a stockist for her cards and is currently designing a website to showcase all her work so watch this space!

Naomi’s work is for sale - both as originals and prints - and commissions are always welcome, so if you like what you see get in touch:

t: 0117 9020900
m: 07855 365543
e: naomi.hocking@googlemail.com




Thanks Nay x